Welcome To Our Blog!

Posted on May 15, 2007 by cgroven.
Categories: About.

We are pleased and excited to share our, “In The Mirror,” poems with you.  We started these poems when the poet, Ted Scheu, came to John Paulding to inspire and teach us about poetry. He taught us about similes and then had us create our own.  He did this by giving each of us a mirror and had us write about the characteristics we saw.  Then, he had us compare those characteristics to something they reminded us of.  We published our poems and finally recorded them so we could share them with you!  We would like to again, extend our thanks to Ted Scheu and The Foundation for providing us the opportunity to have our poems come to life!

9 comments.

Comment on May 16th, 2007.

Hi poets! I am a second grade teacher at Morse and I just read your poetry. I can’t believe what great wriiters you are! Even though I’ve never met you, I can picture what you look like in my mind because of your descriptive words! I hope to meet some of you next year in 2nd grade!
-Ms. Cristella

Christine Calvert
Comment on May 17th, 2007.

Hi Mrs. Groven’s Class,
We liked your poems…rather we LOVED them! It was GRRRRREAT! We liked how you described your faces. We liked the way you used similes. Your poems are as sweet as sugar. Your words are like candy for our ears. We hope you keep writing poetry. You are the best poets! (Cheer!!!!)
Mrs. Calvert’s Class
P.S.
Check out our blog in the next few days. We are writing our own fairy tales! We hope you will enjoy them.

Grandma Van Atta
Comment on May 17th, 2007.

We are Mrs. Groven’s Grandparents and would like you to know how much we enjoyed the children’s poems. The children are very fortunate to have such dedicated and loving teachers. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Mrs. Mercado-Belvin
Comment on May 19th, 2007.

I loved your poems. They were awesome. I bet you now think twice about what you see when you look in a mirror. Sometimes you see much more than you think!
I am SO proud of you.
Love,
Mrs.Mercado-Belvin

Mrs. Curran
Comment on May 23rd, 2007.

To all the students in Mrs. Groven’s class: I really enjoyed reading all of your poems because the words you used created wonderful pictures in my mind. As you described your eyes, ears and other parts of your face, I could imagine what you look like! It appeared that you all worked very hard as you created your poems and they were wonderful!!

Aliki
Comment on May 28th, 2007.

To Mrs Groven and the Class Poets –
I told you that you and your teaching team are awesome. Thank you for sharing the wonderful project inspired by Ted Scheu and for allowing us to SEE and HEAR the results -the great poems. You worked so hard. I’m as proud as you must be. Love, Aliki

leahs.
Comment on June 4th, 2007.

Hi Ms.Grovens class your poems were apsulutly TERIFIC EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR WORDS AMAZED ME it looked really F-U-N and I know it was From Leah

Beth Loffredo
Comment on June 6th, 2007.

To Mrs. Groven’s class and all the great teachers!
I loved your poems – they all made me smile! You and your teachers have a lot to be proud of ! Congratulations!

Dr.scarpati
Comment on June 26th, 2007.

Your poems were so amazing!